Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Up to 50 free copies of Child & Domestic Abuse vol I - available to rabbis & organization heads

My 3 volumes of Child and Domestic Abuse were published about a year ago. It has been sold in seforim stores and Amazon and  distributed without much fan-fare around the world. I have received very positive feedback from those who have read it, and at the same time have not received any criticism of the content or conclusions.

Now the time is right to give it more publicity and make it available to rabbis, lay leaders and community organizations. A generous donor has offered to pay the printing costs for up to 50 copies of volume one.

If you know someone influential in the Jewish community who you think would benefit from it, please send me [yadmoshe@gmail.com] the name, address and reason you think he should get a free copy. Obviously not everyone suggested will receive a copy. In addition, volume II dealing with the rabbinic literature will not be included nor will the summary volume III - except in special circumstances. I also only want names of those who will read it

8 comments :

  1. How many copies of the book or set sold up to now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 500 copies have been distributed

    ReplyDelete
  3. 500 counts each volume individually (250 vol 1 + 250 vol 2) or 500 sets sold?

    ReplyDelete
  4. R matisyahu Solomon in Lakewood is THE go-to person in the US regarding child abuse. Im sure he would love a copy.Please let him know that yossi who read your blog suggested him. thanks, yossi

    ReplyDelete
  5. yossi said...

    R matisyahu Solomon in Lakewood is THE go-to person in the US regarding child abuse. Im sure he would love a copy.Please let him know that yossi who read your blog suggested him. thanks, yossi
    ===========
    Do you have his address?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mentioned to him that you wanted to send him your book, and he seemed very pleased until I mentioned that I read about it on your blog. and his attitude changed dramatically, to put it mildly.
    Evidently, hes not very fond of bloggers. As specially frum bloggers. I Don't think he believes you have R'Shternbuch approval to have a blog.
    sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yossi said...

    I mentioned to him that you wanted to send him your book, and he seemed very pleased until I mentioned that I read about it on your blog. and his attitude changed dramatically, to put it mildly.
    Evidently, hes not very fond of bloggers. As specially frum bloggers. I Don't think he believes you have R'Shternbuch approval to have a blog.
    sorry.
    ==========
    thanks for your efforts. If he wants to find out my relationship with Rav Sternbuch - he can simply call Rav Sternbuch.

    Did he criticize you for reading my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will mention what you said, but I dont think he will call him.
    He is of the opinion that blogging is worse then the worst aveiros, since it can involve Lason Horah on the part of the blog owner and the posters.
    He didnt criticize me as he has sterling midos ,and was just surprised that I "would lower myself down to such disgustingness".
    Nothing personal, but frankly I think If I would give him your book he would tell me to throw it in the "rubbish".
    (I think he said hes happy he never bought Yad Moshe)
    Sorry.
    Try someone else

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.